Jay Turser Neck Dimensions????

catahoulajc

• Members

Query to you Jay Turser tele owners: Do you know the skinny on the neck on the tele copies? Nut width? Shape? Radius? Etc.? Does JT attempt to exactly copy the Fender tele? And, if so, modern or vintage?

Thanks for any input.

I really like the "fat" teles on the bay with the HB at the neck and the single coil at the bridge. And, I hear mixed reviews, but generally praises about JT's.

My problem is that I just love the tele sound but I'm not too jiggy with the fender necks. I can tolerate the newer ones with the 9.5" radius, so I'm just hoping that the JT's are a little flatter. Thanks again.

J

• Members

Don't know about the solidbody Turser 'Teles', but I owned this Turser 'Cruiser' thinline copy last year and I had it in at a local shop for a pickup swap and while it was there, I asked the guitar tech to measure the neck pocket to see if it might accept a MIM Fender tele neck that I had laying around. He said that he thought it would fit the Turser body, but (regrettably) I sold the guitar before fitting the Fender neck to it. (Still have the neck, though).

I DO know that my Fender 'ashtray' bridge cover snapped right onto the Turser's 'vintage' bridge like it was made for it.

I wouldn't bet that all the Turser tele models even come from the same plant, so without the guitar in hand, it'd be a crapshoot if a non-turser neck would fit or not. They DO seem to follow the Fender tele 'template' pretty close though.

willieandcruisersized.jpg

Archived