Sanatoga Guitars

Frets99

I like the look of the cherry sunburst strat. Fender has a gorgeous one I've ogled at my local GC at about $600+.

It's interesting. I don't care for a cherry sunburst LP but love a strat that way. I prefer the gold top LP.

Also, I'm strangely drawn to the black strat with the tortoise pickguard.

Just wanted to know if anybody's played em. I expect they're not too diiferent than an affinity Squier.

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

I like the look of the cherry sunburst strat. Fender has a gorgeous one I've ogled at my local GC at about $600+.

It's interesting. I don't care for a cherry sunburst LP but love a strat that way. I prefer the gold top LP.

Also, I'm strangely drawn to the black strat with the tortoise pickguard.

Just wanted to know if anybody's played em. I expect they're not too diiferent than an affinity Squier.

I can see the cherry sunburst attraction of course :D Have to wait until October though, Chinese guitar.

8406.jpg

083.jpg

No information on Sanatoga in the DB here, not looking good? They seem to be connected to JT, usually the shops seem to carry both.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

Yeah, I guess they are actually made by Jay Turser.
:)

Yes they are made by Turser for MusicLandCentral, which is a web dealer located in Sanatoga, PA. Dennis is their biggest dealer, so they gave him his own line of guitars. They are basically the same guitars as Tursers, with different finish options.

JAYJTShark.jpg

Fits like a glove, doesn't it?
:thu:

There must be no way of escaping poking out some body part with that thing....if not just stubbing a finger trying to tune it in a dark venue!:eek:

• Members

There must be no way of escaping poking out some body part with that thing....if not just stubbing a finger trying to tune it in a dark venue!
:eek:

Haha, yeah :thu: I have yet to see a clip of someone playing this beast.

• Members

Yeah, I guess they are actually made by Jay Turser.
:)

That's what I thought, though I was told otherwise by someone else on here. But I know there's some relation.

I have a Sanatoga Strat loaded with a fat strat pickguard, and for the money I'm not complaining. Not tone monsters, but hey. Feels comfortable too with weight and neck size.

• Members

they're all so nice....... big ones, small ones, some as big as your head!!!! sigh!

You're in paradise though. :) Laying my hands on a JT is much more difficult for me with shipping + tax from the US. Only thing I can do is to bring them back from China. Currently there are 3 guitars on my list, dunno how to handle it. :rolleyes:

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I still have my seafoam green Sanatoga '335' hanging on a wall. Almost never play it anymore, but it's an ok guitar, Chinese manufacture. Sanatoga was the 'house brand' guitar for a music store/internet seller in the eastern US, can't quite remember their name, maybe something like Musicland? I don't know if they were rebadged Jay Tursers, but quite possibly.

IMG_20200403_145447576.jpg

IMG_20200403_145447576.thumb.jpg.635720b3a01d6b1f89adae301c9f02e3.jpg

• Moderators

yes, MusicLandCentral carried them, and yes, the 'other' Jay Turser label...these are probably as good as the stuff at Guitar Fetish, or the Firefly guitars, and I had heard them favorably compared to Agiles many years ago when Agiles were all the rage....supposedly they were originally made by Samick, I'm not sure if they are even being produced now?

Archived