I think I want a fire truck...

Naaaah.. it's just the other way around. That's why communication with submarines works best at VLF. If 2.4GHz is no problem, 27MHz won't be either.

But when I had CB back then, it was always fun to bother kids with RC toys a bit...
:)
I meant that the VEXplorer could start exploring your studio on its own when a nearby CB station transmits... (But maybe modern 27MHz RC units are a bit more sophisticated and CB operators become rare, at least over here.)

I thought subs used ELF. :) And the problem with ELF is the slow speed of data transmission...

But I think you're correct - 27 MHz should have the range / non-line of sight capabilities, but would be more prone to interference issues.

Looks like I need to install a Faraday cage along with the fields and mountain range... ;)

• Members

Looks like I need to install a Faraday cage along with the fields and mountain range...
;)

You could just move your studio! AFAIK you're in fair supply of fitting uninhabited landscape where you live and I've never heard of a permanent outdoor studio...:)

No, seriously... I'd ask them if the robot arm can lift a large diaphragm condenser plus cable reliably. Some of the gear parts are plastic. But this could be a big success for them if it's really sufficient for the mic positioning job. DIY fun plus a real cool gadget for amp recording at a reasonable price. I guess many studio owners would want one.