New Parker Fly Adrian Belew model!

Karma1

• Members

I just saw this guitar in the Sweetwater catalog and am totally blown away - serious GAS. What an incredible set of features:

Sustainiac pickup in the neck

midi compatible piezo pickup

13 pin Roland guitar synth jack

built-in Variax modeling!

and only weighs about 6 lbs.

Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those. The only drawback is that I really have never liked the styling of Parker guitars. The newer single cuts are better, but this is the original Parker Fly style. But, I'm sure I could live with it if I had one. However, it's selling for $7500 and quite out of my price range at the moment. I'd love to hear from someone who has played one of these.

• Members

temID: FlyABvxAS

Manufacturer: Parker

Retail Price: $10,000.00

SAVE $2,500.00 (25%) WHEN YOU BUY TODAY!

SALE PRICE:

$7,500.00

Parker Adrian Belew Signature Fly

Adrian Belew's resume reads like a who's who of progressive and experimental rock. So it's only fitting that Belew turned to Parker, a guitar maker that is progressive in its own right, to create a signature model. The Adrian Belew Signature Fly Deluxe is equipped with a Sustainiac pickup in the neck position, a MIDI-capable RMC piezo hex pickup, Line 6 Variax modeling, and 13-pin output.

Parker Adrian Belew Signature Fly Features:

* Fly Deluxe

* Sustainiac pickup in the neck position

* RMC piezo

* 13 pin out

* Line 6 Variax components

* Color: Arctic Silver

• Members

$7500? Who in the hell do they think they are??? Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounds perfect, but anyone who drops that much on this guitar should be bitch-slapped. Adrian Belew should be ass-raped for allowing his name to be put on this guitar...:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by bjcarl

$7500? Who in the hell do they think they are??? Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounds perfect, but anyone who drops that much on this guitar should be bitch-slapped. Adrian Belew should be ass-raped for allowing his name to be put on this guitar...
:mad:

It makes perfect sense. Let's look at it:

It's a MIA Parker: A couple grand

It's a signature model: Add another grand or two

License the Variax from Line 6: Add another grand

Put in the Variax system: Add a couple hundred

License the Sustainiac System and put it in: Add another grand

So forth

So on

I'm not saying it's something I'd buy, or that it's even worth the price. But it's no more or less rediculously priced than anything on this page:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?page=1&N=100001+306241&Ns=P_Price%7C1

• Members
Originally posted by bjcarl

$7500? Who in the hell do they think they are??? Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounds perfect, but anyone who drops that much on this guitar should be bitch-slapped. Adrian Belew should be ass-raped for allowing his name to be put on this guitar...
:mad:

I agree. WTF is THAT price about?

• Members

Originally posted by chikinpox

It makes perfect sense. Let's look at it:

It's a MIA Parker: A couple grand

It's a signature model: Add another grand or two

License the Variax from Line 6: Add another grand

Put in the Variax system: Add a couple hundred

License the Sustainiac System and put it in: Add another grand

So forth

So on

I'm not saying it's something I'd buy, or that it's even worth the price. But it's no more or less rediculously priced than anything on this page:

Whassup in Bal'murr? You make some great points, Parkers are, in my opinion, wonderful guitars, but unless the royalties are going to charity, Belew should be {censored}ing ashamed. The only argument you've raised that I would really take issue with: signature a couple grand??? Do you think his sig is really worth more than, oh, say, Eric Clapton, Geddy Lee, Angus Young, etc? Pretty zany:eek: ...

• Members

The price doesn't suprise me. It's a little more than twice the cost of other Parkers.

Given the thin cutaway design of most Fly models, there isn't much room in there for the Variax circuitry or the sustaniac. That must have taken some severe r&d to work out.

I doubt they expect to sell a lot of these. Probably a very limited run at most.

• 10 years later...

Archived