Where do I go to file an industry-wide complaint?

• Members

And all connector standards should specify which direction the jack should be mounted-for example some MIDI jack have the notch at the top, others are notch down.

Also different types of connectors should not be allowed to look similar. I'm always confusing USB and the larger firewire connectors.

How about all devices output a signal that is the same polarity as the input?

Its not unusual to be 180 degrees off.

That, and the pin two / pin three hot debacle both have ticked me off on more than one occasion. :mad::(

I really need that "thumbs down" Phil smiley that seclusion was just talking about. ;)

And all connector standards should specify which direction the jack should be mounted-for example some MIDI jack have the notch at the top, others are notch down.

Also different types of connectors should not be allowed to look similar. I'm always confusing USB and the larger firewire connectors.

Absolutely! And even within USB, there should have been better standardization IMO. A connectors? B connectors? Why not just ONE type of USB connector? :confused: Why two types (4 pin vs 6 pin) of firewire connectors? Okay, so laptops don't always have the room, nor the onboard battery power for bus powering / 6 pin firewire connectors, but I'd rather have just ONE type of cable for USB and firewire thankyouverymuch. :)

• Members

Here's another one I thought of while re-wiring my racks recently. Why isn't there any sort of standard as far as rack rear panel layouts? I honestly don't care what convention the industry decided to come up with, but it REALLY would be nice if ALL rack units stuck with some sort of a standard insofar as the location of the various types of connectors. All power connectors on the right, all audio on the left, MIDI and USB (or whatever) in the middle, etc. - or whatever.

It would make wiring up racks a LOT cleaner!

+1000:thu:

Archived