Are PRS guitars painted with nitrocellulose finish?

Rich

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by batotman

Damn your opinion sucks. My Custom Shop Fender is Poly. Hell every guitar I own is Poly. Do Gretsch guitars suck too?

:rolleyes:

Why does guitars painted with nitro sound better then. :confused:

And yes, gretch guitars are pretty bad IMO.:o

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

And yet the American Deluxe Strat he is selling and American Deluxe Tele he just bought are both thick plasticy poly.....
:D

I hate Nitro. Sticky ass crap. If I wanted my guitar finished in glue I'd pour Elmer's on it!
:mad:

Damn, I'm busted.:o

You guys just ain't no fun.:D

• Members

Originally posted by Rich

Why does guitars painted with nitro sound better then.
:confused:

And yes, gretch guitars are pretty bad IMO.
:o

Just buy a bunch of those fake Gibson decals. You can put them on any guitar and it will then sound great.

• Members

Originally posted by Rich

I played my artcore right besisde a reall 335 and the Gipson bested it in every way.

The Gibson was painted with nitro.
:o

My artcore was painted with plastic.
:mad:

Of course, nitrocellulose IS a plastic, albiet am early semi-synthetic one.

Nothing wrong with NC laquer - but nothing special about it either. It was one step along the way in the development of finishes, and really wasn't used for all that long before better things were developed.

What I've never understood is why folks who like NC laquer finishes need to claim that NC is somehow a superior finish to all other with magical properties. There is no need to justify your preference. You like NC laquer? Use it! But the idea that NC laquer makes guitars look, sound, feel, or age better is purely a matter of opinion and preference (and not a little bit of myth). You cannot objectively measure it.

Archived