Diamond plate pickguards?

GilmourD

• Members

Just wondering... I found a link to www.sharp-concepts.com in another thread (with a not so obvious title), but I remember there being more options a couple years ago for a good quality guard. Hell, I remember either Warmoth or WD offered a guard in simulated diamond plate, but I don't see that anymore.

So... Where would you guys go to get such a beast? I'd need it cut for Strat with a Floyd Rose in a Fat (rounded humbucker)-Single-Single config without the 5-way slot (going to use toggles).

• Members

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor

I'd go with them. I have heard good things about them.

I cut my own diamond plate pickguard for my epiphone SG (in the thread in my sig). it came out alright

That sure is perty. :) I'd probably convert it back to hardtail if it were mine, but that's just me. :) I like that blue with the diamondplate. That wasn't the stock color, was it?

• Members

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor

Nope, stole the color from GM. Its called Corvette Electron Blue. I wanted some sort of vibrato tail piece since every other guitar I have is a hard tail. I kinda wanted a floyd in it, but...

Well, you could've asked Mazi Bee if he was willing to sell that stud-mounted OFR. :love:

How hard was it to work with the diamond plate? I have access to some tools, but I've never worked with metal before.

• Members

I made a template of what I wanted and then used a dremel to make the rough cut and then filed it down to how I liked it. It wasn't too bad, just tedious. Make sure if you do it your self you get the thinner sheet metal. I accidently got the thicker stuff which made cutting a bit more difficult. Good luck.

Archived