RoboCop00

• Members
Originally posted by hondro

that whole ALBUM is fun to play

but "All Your Love" is my favorite track of it

but "Something" was the first solo I learned

now I just improv every thing

:wave:

+1000... I improv everything- I don't like to butcher other people's solos + improving is a lot more fun/creative...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First song I ever learned was "It's a HeartAche" by Bonnie Tyler? That was from looking at a sheet of paper with words and chords on it.

But when I learned my first guitar break/solo by "ear", it was "Then She Kissed Me" by Kiss. I couldn't believe I figured it out and when I did I drove my family insane 'cause I played it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ...

First song - Gloria

First solo - LOL toss up in my clouded memory. I always played along with records. One day I realized I knew verbatim the solos for Sympathy for the Devil, Hey Joe and Somewhere. It wasn't until I had osmosized Samba Pa Ti that I really realized I was going down a road that I could never turn off of.

Let's see. Sex -- playing a soulful rendition of Samba Pa Ti... practically the same thing if I'm alone! :eek:

That's right you strum up and down and I'll play the pretty stuff!:D

• Members

Wow, some of you guys were pretty adventurous for your first solos. "Stairway", Fade to Black, and Crazy Train all have moderately fast bits in them. I learned all those too, but I just royally sucked at them, so I went back to easier stuff. Right now I think the only ones I can play cleanly are Californication and Wish You Were Here. I'm getting Comfortably Numb down, but although it seems like it should be really easy, the timing is a little tricky.

But obviously I suck. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Sir_Les

The first thing I ever remember playing although not really a solo, was the lick from Status Quo - Pictures of Matchstick Men! God knows why....!!

Yep. That lick just jumped out of the radio all naked, but with a certain regimentation that completely fit the song.

Archived