Module Series EQs, Comps, & Filters. (VST Downloads)

• Members

Update

Added

P3Q-1 - 3-Band Parametric EQ

Key Features.

- FPC mode (Filter Phase Compensation). EQ's by nature modify the phase of the frequencies they boost/cut. FPC reintroduces the phase canceled signals from the EQ filters. This may or may not be desired depending on the EQ application.

- Hyper extended Q

- EQ IN switch for A/B comparison

p3q-1.png

• Members

I tried out your plugins last night on a few mixes. They have great sound quality and a real nice punch to them. Remind me of the Waves plugind as far as quality goes. They sound great on both instruments and vocals, Definately better then 90% of the freebee junk out there.

The controlls were very smooth too. The bass came through with a lot less fiddeling around with what I had been using to get a good sound. I tested both sets of devices you had posted and couldnt find any note worthy flaws. If I had any criticizm it would be the preset compression settings on the compressor vs a variable setting. There again you're preset ratios where fine for most applications.

I think I downloaded the manual which I still need to read. I'm unfamilure with the labels on a few controlls like Key, and Release and what they actually do to the sound.

All in all a fantastic job. I think anyone reading this post should note these are seriously good and should give them a try.

• Members

Thanks for the praise. Hope you get some good use out of them.

Update

Added

EQH-1, EQM-1, & EQL-1.

Key Features.

- FPC mode (Filter Phase Compensation). EQ's by nature modify the phase of the frequencies they boost/cut. FPC reintroduces the phase canceled signals from the EQ filters. This may or may not be desired depending on the EQ application.

- Hyper extended Q

- Band-pass to help select frequency to modify.

- (+/-) 30db of gain.

- 12 or 24db Filter Slopes.

These are more operative then the Peak EQ's. Similar in sound to the 3 band P3Q-1. These offer more dedicated features then it's 3 band partner in crime. So between these & the Peaks, Two different worlds of color are covered.

• Members

EEQ-2 - Classic EQ.

Inspired by the 1073 this EQ is a blend of classic functionality with modern features.

Key Features.

- 3 Band with HP/LP filters.

- Shelf or Peak modes

- +/- 18db Gain

- 12/24db Filter slopes

- Extended musical width (Q)

- Band/Filter Bypass

- Usable

- Alternative (Classic gui soon to come)

Download EEQ-2

eeq-2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Update

added EXP-1 Dynamic Expander

Key Features.

- Restores dynamics

- Fast attack capability

- Detection Filters

- Key listen

- Channel Link/Unlink

- External Side-Chain Input for creative effects.

Download EXP-1

Sharing many of the same components of the widely liked FFC-1, EXP-1 is it's reverse parter in crime.

Need to restore some dynamics to a squished mix, To much reverb on those drums tracks, or want to key trigger a synth pad off a sidechain? Check this guy out.

exp-1.png

• Members

the sat-1 doesn't seem to be working for me, its shuts down Nuendo 3. i tried it in a project that is using a number of other plug-ins too, so maybe it has a problem with one of those. i've noticed a number of plug-ins i have don't work well with bfd, so it could have been bfd... i don't know.

everything else i've tried works well, and sounds great.

• Members

Here's a review of the SAT-1- for some reason I couldn't get the FFC or FBC to open in Logic. Mmm? But...

I'm always looking for that special 'something' to insert on a secondary snare buss return for extra noise and depth- and latency is an issue here- I'll tell you, the SAT-1 just fit the bill par excellent! My son has some demos that he and his band have been working on, and as he is a pretty good slammer I thought I'd try the SAT out instead of the usual tube emulator. First I got rid of some nagging ring around 730 hz, boosted 2k a bit, then sent that signal to the SAT on the buss return- engaging the tube setting with the dry off and everything else at around 2:00. As I brought up the buss, the snare gained depth and a great solid thwak that was missing before- too much and it was a bit noisy, but it just sits so nice in the mix now. I think I've found my new go-to for that back-end tubey sound. I'm definitely paying something for this puppy!!

Good stuff- can't wait to try out some EQ's and compressors...

Any thoughts on the other plugs not opening in Logic 5?

• Members

Glad it gave you the extra bite it needed. Being a drummer 1st & foremost this is what i had in mind for SAT-1. You should really check out FFC-1 really punchy compressor.

I'd love to- it just won't open in Logic 5. Like I said, the SAT plug opened just fine. Maybe someday I'll have to actually upgrade to a different DAW...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived