KRK Rockit vs Behringer Truth monitors..

• Members

I'm a novice at recording. I'm using a Line 6 Tonport UX1 with the Ableton software. I've been using my headphones, but I wanna be able to hear what I'm playing without them.

The KRK's are the Rockit 5's and are $300.00 for the pair.

The Behringers are Truth 2030A's with a 6 3/4" woofer for $279 for the pair.

This is just for home use, so what do you think, or do you have any other suggestions. Don't really wanna spend more than the $300.

• Members

I have Truths B2031P s. I think they are good for the money. passives are probably less than active. mine were 159 for the pair. I don't think they are complete at a flat response. close enough for me. I am one year into recording.

I thought the KRK were 300$ each? not a pair.

• Members

I say snatch a pair of M audio BX8a monitors. The new ones are out and you can find new sets of the just gone out ones that I just mentioned for allot less than they used to be (they used to be $500 new). Actually I think you can get a pair for well under $300 new right now on amazon or ebay.

The larger woofers will give you more low end than the rokit 5" will.

• Members

KRK for rock mixing tbh its what your ears prefer in a shop that really matters buddy! take in a rock CD an acoustic CD and possibly something vocal strong and try all the CD's on different monitors buy the ones you prefer that dont colour the mix!

• Members

KRK for rock mixing tbh its what your ears prefer in a shop that really matters buddy! take in a rock CD an acoustic CD and possibly something vocal strong and try all the CD's on different monitors buy the ones you prefer that dont colour the mix!

Outstanding advice! :thu:

Thanks

Archived