002 Rack dies...

• Moderators

Cr@p!!!

I'm half way through 1 album project for a group and have another group waiting. I'm behind schedule. I light up the system this morning and...

Hmmm. No sample rate led and the software boot stalls because it can't find said hardware. Crap. The Digi Hardware Exchange takes a couple of weeks. Sure I want the 003 for the word clock but this is not what I had in mind.

Has anyone had this happen? Is there a fix? I've already low balled bid on a 003. If that pans I'm cool.

$hit!!!

Lee:

Check the power supply harness. It's a known issue with 002's / 002R's. It could just be some oxidation on some of the pin contacts. Check the DUC or Google for the details on how to open the unit. Instead of replacing the harness, just clean the contacts with some Caig DeOxIt and you should be good to go. Digidesign will usually send you a new harness too if you ask for one / have this problem arise.

• Members

Lee, I am awaiting my signature series mod on my 002 from Black lion. I should be back to me Monday or Tuesday.

Here is a bit the sent to warn me about harness problems

* Notice to 002 owners: If the last letter of your serial number ends in A - F, we highly recommend you contact Digidesign to order a new power harness if you have not done so already. It is an inherent problem with the earlier Digidesign 002 units that was not addressed by Digidesign until after revision G. The replacement part(s) and shipping should be of no cost to you, and will help avoid harness-related failures in the future.

Best of luck to you

Tim

• Moderators

Thanks guys. It's not the harness. My 002 is way later than that issue. I will use the 002 in the hardware exchange at a later date but couldn't right now due to time constraints with clients. The turn around on the Hardware Exchange is at least a couple of weeks.

I got a great deal via eBay on an open boxed 003 which I needed to upgrade to anyway because of the Word Clock. If I had the option of waiting I would've but in this scenario it was costing me money to wait. $800 for the 003, unused with all the extra software options. A great deal, a 3 day auction that I just happened to be there over the weekend for...

Archived