does my footswitch for peavey classic 30 not work...?

yjsays

• Members

:::::::::::::edit:::::::::::::::::::::::

It's working! thank you guys!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Alright, I just bought a footswitch for my peavey classic 30... but it dosn't seem to switch between the two channels on it...

I basicly can't hear a change at all with it... am I using it incorrectly? I put the stupid thing where it says remote switch...

should I return it?

here's what I bought.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-2Button-Stereo-Footswitch?sku=421393

• Members

Originally posted by SpiritOfTheAge

Well on my amp i have to have the switch on the face of the amp over to position 1 for the footswtich to be able to switch channels, if its position 2 on the face of the amp then the footswitch does nothing, maybe thats the problem?

what you mean by position?

• Members

I have a simple position switch on the control panel of the amp that i can change the channel with so that you can select a channel if you dont have a footswitch. Id assume the classic 30 has something similar, so maybe it has to be in 1 of the 2 possible postions for the footswitch to be able to function.

• Members

Originally posted by mueller

Have the lead/clean switch on 'Lead'

that's how it is for my classic 50

That's how it works on the 30 too, only it's a push/push switch instead of a toggle. Push the switch to the down position so it's on the lead channel, then the footswitch should toggle you back and forth between channels.

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

That's how it works on the 30 too, only it's a push/push switch instead of a toggle. Push the switch to the down position so it's on the lead channel, then the footswitch should toggle you back and forth between channels.

thank you, I understand this the best.

i've been loving the dirt channel on this amp so I'm using indivisual pedals now and the dirt channel :D

Archived