Marshall AVT30

The Bear

• Members

I'm not too familiar with the AVT30, but I have an AVT100 that I think is alright. Granted, not the best sound (though still fairly good), but extremely versitile and useful for the money.

I imagine the AVT30 would be much quieter (these are not loud amps), and would have fewer features, making it less attractive to me personally.

• Members

If you like it, go for it.

I had an AVT50, but I didn't like it. Too boomy and the reverb was horrible. It's an okay amp, but I think Marshall screwed me on that one (was my 1st amp). Now I know not to shop for names.

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

well, unless the AVT is something that blows your current amp out of the watter, Id save my money.

No comparison to my Classic 30 and 50.

Just possibly another toy.

The Bear

• Members

Originally posted by Ostracized

I'm not too familiar with the AVT30, but I have an AVT100 that I think is alright. Granted, not the best sound (though still fairly good), but extremely versitile and useful for the money.

I imagine the AVT30 would be much quieter (these are not loud amps), and would have fewer features, making it less attractive to me personally.

Thanks

The Bear

• Members

Originally posted by Jokoker

If you like it, go for it.

I had an AVT50, but I didn't like it. Too boomy and the reverb was horrible. It's an okay amp, but I think Marshall screwed me on that one (was my 1st amp). Now I know not to shop for names.

Thanks

The Bear

• Members

Originally posted by The Bear

No comparison to my Classic 30 and 50.

Just possibly another toy.

The Bear

Id definitely pass then

granted the AVT will have stronger distortion and effects that your peaveys dont have, but buy a good pedal and stick in front of your amp and youre in business

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

Id definitely pass then

granted the AVT will have stronger distortion and effects that your peaveys dont have, but buy a good pedal and stick in front of your amp and youre in business

Love my Bad Monkey.

The Bear

• Members

John-madden.jpg

Now see.... HERE'S a guy who likes to boost post counts. But I mean, hey, he's a great poster and great posters make great posts, and why not add on to the already great greatness of posting by posting more... cause if you're great, then making more posts is .. is.. making more greatness!

• Members

Originally posted by fatfat

John-madden.jpg

Now see.... HERE'S a guy who likes to boost post counts. But I mean, hey, he's a great poster and great posters make great posts, and why not add on to the already great greatness of posting by posting more... cause if you're great, then making more posts is .. is.. making more greatness!

Boost post counts?

Don't give a s#$t about post counts.

Just had a question.

Oh wow, 700, yipeee!!

The Bear

• Members

Originally posted by RUExp?

I didn't realise they made an AVT30.

Do you mean the AVT20 or AVT50?

Yeah, it's a 30 alright.

That's also why I became a little interested.

I didn't see a 30 on Marshalls website.

I'll have to see if I can get a year of mfg.

The Bear

Archived