Add new device 2 Desktop Recording Set Up ...

• Members

Hi all

I'm usually found in the Bass forum, but thought it better I post this question here.

I have an M-Audio FW 410: line outputs 1 and 2 connect to the line in of my Mac. They used to go to the active monitors I had, but they were sold. Anyway, I have Logitech MM speakers connected to the sound out and that works fine - less crisp but it works.

I've recently bought a cheap Phono/CD-RW/Tuner combo (the 'device'). It's very handy with a USB port with encoding capability, but the sound through it's speakers isn't so great and there's no EQ to tweak. I'd rather it go though the computer/Logitech speakers for a much better sound.

On the back of the new device are the speaker RCA's and 'Line Out' RCA sockets. I've tried connecting the device line out to the 2 Line In's on the FW410 and I can see levels move and a signal but no sound. I tried connecting the device line out (and speaker) direct to the Mac line in, but no luck.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm surprised the FW410 didn't work...it has so many I/O's and even the box has a set up where a CD player is connected. Any suggestions welcomed.

Archived