How hard is it to get on Pandora?

Poker99

• Members

Pandora has partnership with Amazon. In order to be reviewed and added your product must be for sale on Amazon.

The thing is though man, the fix is already in. As an independent band your music will be put into a separate category from acts on major labels or large indies. So the benefits you're hoping to receive through their format are NEVER going to materialize for you.

You see, it's the wild wild west for payola in that market. Get it? No law at all bub!

You sound like The Cure?? Sweet!! No way in hell you're going to be dropped into that rotation. You'll be getting plays bundled with the Midnight Ghosts from Flaxly Idaho.

Trust me man. The bridge ahead is out. Find another way around.

• Members

Pandora has partnership with Amazon. In order to be reviewed and added your product must be for sale on Amazon.

The thing is though man, the fix is already in. As an independent band your music will be put into a separate category from acts on major labels or large indies. So the benefits you're hoping to receive through their format are NEVER going to materialize for you.

You see, it's the wild wild west for payola in that market. Get it? No law at all bub!

You sound like The Cure?? Sweet!! No way in hell you're going to be dropped into that rotation. You'll be getting plays bundled with the Midnight Ghosts from Flaxly Idaho.

Wow.

Figures.

• Members

Once again the internet revolution kicks me in the nuts.

Oh, but there is still Twitter! Cream will rise to the top.

:facepalm:

• Members

My band is on Pandora.. (Stranger by the Minute)

All I had to do was know a guy who knows the owner....He sent my CD to him.

What's harder is getting all your artwork up. It's been very technical and I have to go through Amazon.

I have to say that I believe that the more you pay the more they play you.

And My bitch is I can't find the right guy to pay.....

But I've noticed a tendency to get "directed" to certain artists there...

But it's still a cool service...

• Members

It isn't hard to get distributed by Amazon, but you're right about the bundling thing. The last thing they want to do is dilute the market for their best sellers by dropping in other guys who sort of sound like them. I did my last CD on a label, even though it is a small label and all they did for me is front me the CD production. But still, I have benefited some from having a label name rather than the words 'unsigned' or 'independent' next to my name.

• Members

Dang, I didnt know that Pandora and Amazon had a partnership. That's not too bad though cause technically all you need to do is register via Amazon's Advantage Program and then submit a press kit/epk to Pandora.

To the OP, try last.fm, I submitted one of my crap recordings years ago and they put it on, I was surprised :) They don't require you to go through all those hoops either and Last.fm has a huge fanbase cause I think CBS owns them now.

Archived