audio to mp3

• Members

Thanks for the reply howevr I have that and it will not run, I tried yours and it will not run.

and I don't think they are wav files they are audio which is .cmd

I should add that media player will rip them I think to wav and one by one I can give the files name and the cd as well,but few other options and can't exchange files amoung cds or get them to mp3

• Members

and I don't think they are wav files they are audio which is .cmd

If you are trying to rip them from CD you need a program to "extract" the audio files from the CD. I'll second Majoria's suggestion for iTunes. I've never used Media Player but I think you just put your CD in and go to "Rip" on the top tabs. Then click on the little arrow under "Rip" and go Format>MP3.

• Members

The hitsquad looks like a great site. There are a couple of programs to try also I will give Itunes a try tonight.

The songs were originaly recorded live on a Sony minidisc and then recorded on to an audio cd through a basic cd recorder. Any chance this creates a file format that is not so common? I noticed that some of the songs when ripped in media player locked up and some did not play back the same.

• Members

Well after repeating the funtion I got media player to rip the audio, they don't all sound that good but that could be the sound card. Now I still need to get them to MP3. It's also hard to find them without going into media player almost like they want to hide the files.

• Members

Yes even the Fostex multitrac records in wave and then exports in MP3.

sidenote, I went to download.com and found a couple of programs but for some reason when I try to download each program I get the page not found error. Anyone else have this problem?

• Members

I use a mini disc recorder. when I wanted to burn a CD or change to mp3 someone reccomened Audacity.

it works great.

Audacity is free and found on line. do a google search.

with Audacity I believe you have a limited amount of mp3 making ability.

there is a patch that extends that. I have it.

the cool thing with Audacity is that the minidisc uploads become waves in the track. then you can edit etc.

• Members

Thanks....I already have what was recorded on the minidisc on an audio CD. The problem is from the audio cd to MP3. Does the program do that? I downloaded the program but have not tried to learn it yet. I don'r really want to re-record all my cd's just take the files and convert them.

I don't plan to record on the minidisc any more I just picked up a Fostex mr16hd that has a cd burnerthat records in wav. However for the cd's I already have I would like to just convert some of the songs so I can post them in forums and facebook etc.

by the way thanks for the replies so far, this appears to be an active site with people willing to jump in and help out.

• Members

thanks...this should be simple I am surprised it has been such an ordeal. I did get Media player to convert to .wma though not all of them sound good and several converted with warnings meaning something is missing. So from there I should be abel to use one of these programs to get to mp3. (without an mp3 player)

Archived