iPhone owners - musically useful apps?

• Members

Cleartune-the best tuner I've used on the iphone, I use it very often

Tempo-insanely great metronome, does more than a $30 Korg for a dollar

Noise.io-fun synth, lots of options

synthpond-fun synth, the sound is in visual waves that trigger each other

Jam: vol 1 & 2- 5 jazz standards on each by a fantastic quartet with adjustable mixes, you can even cut out certain parts.

Pandora-interactive radio anywhere you get 3g, I cruize with this on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My new iPhone 3G S should arrive tomorrow - please tell me about any music oriented apps you've found that are worth checking out.

If you own a guitar or bass (or any tunable instrument actually..!) then thou shalt own GuitarToolkit..

• Members

Has anyone heard of an app called Shazam? I think that's the name. IIRC, you can hold your iPhone up to a speaker and it will identify the song that's playing. I thought that sounded both useful and clever...

Yep. Shazam is very cool.

I sort of prefer Midomi as a tool though (experiment with their accuracy). You can sing in to it and it tries to work out the song your singing, then takes you to their discography etc etc..

• Members

Wow... awesome. How long does it take for it to identify the song?

I think an iPhone is quite likely in my future.
:lol:

As I mentioned Lee. Check out Midomi as well. More WoW than Shazam although maybe not so accurate. Oh and they are both freebies.. :D

• Members

I e-mailed BLUE and they confirmed that this works with the iphone 3G to make it a field recorder for $79:

Hell yeah it works. With the iPod touch too. I just recorded a blues concert in a local park. It has three sensitivity settings and I had it too sensitive so it clipped whenever they hit the bass drum but otherwise the sound was excellent.

• Members

IK Multimedia is out with a new app that allows you to use their GrooveMaker on iPhone or iPod Touch.... I ran through it very quickly and posted a sort of quick preview on my blog:

http://christopherave.wordpress.com/2009/08/14/new-music-app-for-iphone-ipod-touch-groovemaker-from-ik-multimedia/

I am planning on reviewing the app and the loop packs after I get a real chance to play with them...

• Members

IK Multimedia is out with a new app that allows you to use their GrooveMaker on iPhone or iPod Touch.... I ran through it very quickly and posted a sort of quick preview on my blog:

I am planning on reviewing the app and the loop packs after I get a real chance to play with them...

Thank you for the kind words! Just to let everyone know, there is a free version you can download and try out- http://www.groovemaker.com/buy

Cheers,

Drew

Archived