JACKSON or ESP (not LTD)

mad axe man

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

How about a few more options?

sorry but only these two are in the battle

I used these two because whenever i see a player go from endorsing JACKSON to ESP i scratch my head and ask WHY?:freak:

jackson is superior to any MIJ guitar that is similar to a jackson and i cannot understand why since both the jackson and ESP are about the same cost one would choose to use the ESP MIJ one?:freak:

• Members

So you posted a thread/poll with the specific intention of saying Jackson is better than ESP while trying to look unbiased by giving people the option to vote?

These guitars are basically the same so many people will buy what their heros play or what they think looks better. Both use many of the same components and the same construction methods and are therefore nearly the same instrument apart from the execution of certain details. All minor differences aside, I personally think the jackson headstock looks stupid so I use ESP. Its as simple as that for me.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

I personally think the jackson headstock looks stupid so I use ESP. Its as simple as that for me.

you DONT USE a guitar because of the look of a headstock?

:rolleyes:

yeah man those ESP's look nothing like the jackson head

OH OK then!:wave:MII-EMG.jpg

• Members

Yeah, thats what I said. I also said the guitars are very similar in the first place so many people buy based on appearance. If a guitar is "better" but you hate the look you wont be motivated to pick it up and play it.

I like the non reverse ESP pointed headstocks. I think they look cool without drooping way down like a jackson. Like I said, all these debates are just matters of personal preference.

JS30KE-IFRSW_headstock-front.jpg

EGESRH-MH400BLU-f.jpg

On the ESP, the angle at which the string breaks over the nut is less dramatic which is also better for tuning stability on a non-floyd equipped instrument.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Yeah, thats what I said. I also said the guitars are very similar in the first place so many people buy based on appearance. If a guitar is "better" but you hate the look you wont be motivated to pick it up and play it.

I like the non reverse ESP pointed headstocks. I think they look cool without drooping way down like a jackson. Like I said, all these debates are just matters of personal preference.

well i use all reverse headstock jacksons

like this, MINE dont DROOP they are like a weapon!

23_md.gif

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

sorry but only these two are in the battle

I used these two because whenever i see a player go from endorsing JACKSON to ESP i scratch my head and ask WHY?
:freak:

ENDOR$EMENT. Unless things have changed in the past couple of years, Jackson does not pay artists and provides a fairly limited number of free guitars compared to ESP or Ibanez. All things being equal, Jackson and ESP have the same technology available and should be able to make nearly identical guitars. From there, it is mainly a matter of preference, such as neck profile or the aforementioned headstock shape.

I bought a MIJ Jackson recently, and it rivals my USAs in every regard. At this point, the biggest issue I would have about buying a $1500+ ESP is that I can get a MIJ Jackson of equal quality for under $700...but if someone's preference is for ESP, then they should get what they prefer.

• Members

I actually thought the build quality on my old japanese jackson was as good as the USA soloist I just sold. Build quality being close enough, it came down to things like pickup config and the non-recessed trem when it came time to thin my collection and raise money for an amp. The japanese one won the right to stay with me.

Archived