'56 Gibson LP Jr. on Austin Craigslist...

type2guy

• Members

(not mine, just thought it was interesting)

1956 Gibson LP Jr w/original case -1 owner family - $9500

Unmolested 1956 Gibson LP Jr bought new by my grandfather in law Frank.

Been in a closet many years and it's time for my mother in law to think about retirement etc. so she has asked me to sell it for her.

Has original brown crocodile pattern Gibson case, with stamped Gibson logo plate inside. Guitar has paint crazing and some wear on edge of body but in remarkable condition for being 50 years old! I do have more pics if you are serious. Frank played with several bands in Michigan and the pic is of him and this very guitar. We also had some stuff from reel to reel made into CD if you want a copy with the guitar.

Will not consign,don't ask.

Will ship for an additional $200, but you must allow 30+ days for bank drawn certified check to clear before it will ship. Add $200 shipping costs.

Pretty firm on the price for now, as it's not my guitar anyway (wish it was!).

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/211305269.html

• Members

Originally posted by 59refin

Man, you haven't priced old Juniors lately. Half the Les Paul Forum would be standing on top of each other to buy a really clean vintage Junior for that price.

I've priced lots of old Juniors lately. I still wouldn't pay that much for one.

Not long ago I decided that I wanted to get myself a Junior. I looked around for a nice old singlecut one. But they were priced higher than their utility value was to me. I didn't care for the reissue Juniors. So I got a Heritage H137 in TV yellow with a single Lollar P90 and Jr-style pickguard. I haven't played a Junior yet that I like more than that.

I just put a downpayment on a 1956 ES-175D. It was a few thousand less than what they want for that Junior. However, the ES-175D from that year is one that I would definitely pay as much as I paid for mine.

Archived