How to: Use KTDrumTrigger, a kick sampler, and a DAW

• Members

Hello everyone....im trying to use KTDrumTrigger, A drum sampler, and Adobe Audition 2.

My goal here is to use the VST and kick drum sound of a sample to recreate the kick drum that was recorded live. I have the kick drum waiting in AA2 DAW. I do not like the sound of the recorded kick and I wanted to try this to get a better sound. Ive heard people using Battery but i need something FREE.

• Members

You have to set the note to 36 (C1). Then you have to make sure that the transients in KT are the only thing going over the threshold. For some dumb reason KT has three triggers.

Just turn the threshold all the way up on the other 2 and hope for the best. lol

I'm not sure of the routing in audtion, but basically KT should show up as a midi device. The midi track you use should have it's midi input set to KT drum trigger and it's output to whatever drum sampler your using.

• Members

I'm not sure of the routing in audtion, but basically KT should show up as a midi device. The midi track you use should have it's midi input set to KT drum trigger and it's output to whatever drum sampler your using.

I think that Audition doesn't allow to route midi output of a plugin to a another synth/sampler. But maybe that changed...

Koen - Smartelectronix

• Members

Oh {censored}, the developer found your thread. Awesome!

But sorry man, I don't care for the multiple triggers. I would rather copy the track 3 times and run 3 instances of your plug as I could run better EQ before ktdt to accent what I was triggering if I was in a situation where I only had a mono file.

The only other complaint I have is the fact that you need somewhat of a large resolution to see all the perimeters of your plugin. On my old computer I wasn't ever able to see the bottom 15% of the plug.

But hey it's free right?

• Members

Just send your bad kick to KT and then have the output of KT trigger a sampler or drum VST or whatever. I generally use Addictive Drums. Usually I will actually print the result as MIDI data rather than print straight to audio. That way I can go in and make subtle tweaks and then print the audio after that. In my experience the timing has been ABSOLUTELY EXACT (which is a problem sometimes with drumagog).

• Members

Thanks Chris, you make it sound so simple. What drum vst or sampler would you recommend that is free? I dont have any $ to by plugins or samples.

Just send your bad kick to KT and then have the output of KT trigger a sampler or drum VST or whatever

So essentially this will take the drum vst or sampled sound and replace it everytime the kick drum is played on my live WAV file in Adobe Audition 2?

Archived