How to "encode" wav or MP3 with title, album name, artwork etc.

• Members

Maybe this is obvious to everyone but me and their grandfathers but I have no clue how to "professionalize" my track by making sure it has my names on it. I'd be thankful for a pointer here.

I have looked on Google and can't find anything.... sorry if this is a n00b question

• Members

I use Sony's Sound Forge and CD Architect to add the metadata for song title and artist. Not all programs will allow you to do this, but many will; especially CD compilation and mastering type programs.

Like Phil, I use a separate editor/environment to do my mp3 conversion. I find it's healthier--after working in a DAW to do everything up to and including the stereo mixdown wave bounce--to then do any further global/mastering touches in another editor. My two-track editor/CD-maker/mp3 converter of choice is WaveLab 7 (both Mac and PC), and you enter in all the metadata (Artist, Song, Album, Genre, Year, etc.) in the Save As... field.

• Members

I do everything in Pro Tools. I don't mix and master in the same session, though. I have a special 2 track session set up just for the finishing touches. The MP3 export option for PT uses the standard Fraunhofer codec that includes a dialog that lets you insert every tag that id3 supports.

Archived