Good audio interface with direct in and midi for 100-150?

• Members

I just need something simple to record guitar, it would be nice to have midi inputs if I decide to pick up a little midi controller down the road. Anything in this price range that would work well? I have heard good things about this but it doesnt have midi unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002QQC1ZI/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/192-9972171-2727862

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've never used this, but the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 FireWire Audio Interface has midi I/O, two instrument direct in's, and a bunch of other stuff......its $250 where I looked, which may be out of your range or simply more stuff than you need, but I'd check it out. Its firewire instead of USB, don't know if that would be an issue.

The "Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio" is only about $150, has midi I/O, and is USB based. It looks nicer than the aforementioned interface, and it honestly looks like a pretty handy little unit. I would check out the Lexicon for sure.

• Members

The Presonus Audiobox is around 150.00 It is working ok for me so far. It comes with Studio One software, which I like. It had some terrible reviews when it first came out. I run Win7 64bit, and it works well for me. I reccomend you check out the forums of the manufactuers websites. You should be able to get an Idea about problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived