mbox mini vs 002 rack

• Members

Is there a huge difference in the preamps in these two? At my friends house, i will record with the exact same setup, going in to a 002 and it sounds much better than the mini. Is it the preamps? The only other thing i could think of would be room size, does that make that much of a difference in close micing?

Thanks!

Yes, the room can absolutely make a difference, even when the mic to source distance is relatively "close". I have an Mbox Mini (2nd generation) and I used to have a 002, and I'd say the preamps on the 002 are a bit better... but not monstrously so. If you really want to compare them directly, you should take the Mini over to your friend's place and try recording with both of them in the same room. :)

• Members

Yes, the room can absolutely make a difference, even when the mic to source distance is relatively "close". I have an Mbox Mini (2nd generation) and I used to have a 002, and I'd say the preamps on the 002 are a bit better... but not monstrously so. If you really want to compare them directly, you should take the Mini over to your friend's place and try recording with both of them in the same room.
:)

My thoughts exactly actually! the only problem is he is in california right now....and maybe for good lol

Archived