GarageBand App Demo: Freakish Blues Alpha Drive Tones

• Members

I decided to test out the Freekish Blues Alpha Drive overdrive pedal in GarageBand on my iPad 2 yesterday. I was going after that distinct Two-Rock/Dumble "squawk" when attacking the note. As I'm sure you all know, most amps, much less a digital simulation or pedal, lose all composure when a note is attacked with any real force. I think that I got fairly close to some of the "D" characteristics in which the note stays solid after attacking it, but there may be a slight bit of fizzout if you listen close enough on some attacks (can't tell if it's my cheap headphones or the recording). Either way, I hope to remedy that with a better quality input than the Peavy AmpKit Link, which goes through the headphone jack and isn't optimal for high quality sound. I have an Apogee Jam on order and will post a comparison after it arrives. All the guitar parts (2 rhythm/1 lead) were played through the Alpha Drive at various settings with a Rory Gallagher Strat, and it went straight into the iPad 2 (no cab/amp in the chain).

[YOUTUBE]RVB0OBsC2R8[/YOUTUBE]

Archived