• Members

The Acidplanet forum is useless, so I'm posting here.

For some reason, I can't get Acid 6 to lock onto my interface, a Rol. UA-101.

Under Audio, it lists Microsoft Media Manager. I change it to the 101, close,

reopen, and it's back on MMM.

Playback's working, I have "Share drivers" checked in Sonar PE...

I've been a Acid user since 2.0, this has never happened.

I should mention, it's a fresh install after a crash, then upgrade.

Any ideas ? :facepalm:

• Members

i know for setting up my cards I had to save the audio options I selected. I also went into bios and windows hardware manager and disabled the windows sound card because first I wasnt going to use it, and second, i didnt want my programs to point to anything else.

Last time I did a fresh install was when I installed windows 7. The first time I installed it I left my M-Audio multitrack PCI sound cards installed. Windows doesnt have drivers for them so it confused the setup. On thr second time around, I removed the cards, did my setup, installed the drivers then cards after windows was operational. This made sure the driver was installed properly and could be seen by the programs.

If your interface is operation properly and you performed all your upgrades, then it may just be you have to creat a project and save it with the 101 as a default interface.

Check any audio options you may have for the program. It may be the program sees multiple audio devices and thats the reason why it asks you to choose which one to use.

Check acids website and see if they have a forum there, or a Q/A that will answer the problem as well. You likely did something of the previous setup and forgotten to do this time around.

• Members

i know for setting up my cards I had to save the audio options I selected. I also went into bios and windows hardware manager and disabled the windows sound card because first I wasnt going to use it, and second, i didnt want my programs to point to anything else.

Last time I did a fresh install was when I installed windows 7. The first time I installed it I left my M-Audio multitrack PCI sound cards installed. Windows doesnt have drivers for them so it confused the setup. On thr second time around, I removed the cards, did my setup, installed the drivers then cards after windows was operational. This made sure the driver was installed properly and could be seen by the programs.

If your interface is operation properly and you performed all your upgrades, then it may just be you have to creat a project and save it with the 101 as a default interface.

Check any audio options you may have for the program. It may be the program sees multiple audio devices and thats the reason why it asks you to choose which one to use.

Check acids website and see if they have a forum there, or a Q/A that will answer the problem as well. You likely did something of the previous setup and forgotten to do this time around.

I just now found this, thanks for the reply. Everything's up to date. Acid recognizes the interface, everything changes, in/outs, but...after

closing the options/preferences, it's gone. I've been with Cakewalk since PA 5.0, Acid since 2.0, never seen anything like this.

I hear what you're saying about installing the system sans cards, but it's too late for that now w/o doing a complete Windows restore/install.

Acidplanet royally sucks, is very little help. Why they have a "tree" style forum, rather than a V-bulletin is beyond me. It's hard to navigate,

hard to find posts. I'll keep what you said in mind. Thanks!

• Members

Have you checked to see if there are any updated / newer drivers for your interface?

Hey Phil, Yep, up to the minute drivers. EVERYTHING in the system is locked except Acid.

I switched to WDM in Sonar temporarily to see if it was some ASIO conflict issue, nada.

Midi also unchecks itself when closing the page. The 101 is the only option in the list,

so nothing to rob resources. I can move around the folders under Options, nothing happens.

As soon as it's closed, the connection breaks somehow.

• Members

At this point, I'd probably call Sony and Roland. Wish I could offer more help, but I don't use that interface, and really don't use Acid anymore either.

I know...I was trying to avoid talking to "Roger" in Bhopal if possible.

Thanks for the replies.

Archived