The iPad stuff is getting pretty capable...

I just got this press release from Alesis. Check this out - the iO Dock for iPad / iPad 2:

http://www.alesis.com/iodock?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_content=pokeefe777%40msn.com&utm_campaign=Alesis+iO+Dock+-+July+2011

iodock_back_md.jpg

iodock_side2_md.jpg

iodock_side1_md.jpg

[video=youtube;UqDD0Wy07_Q]

With that, an iPad running Garageband, a couple mikes and a pair of cans... you could do some damage. :)

By giving you the ability to interface the iPad with a wide range of other gear, I think they've taken it (at least musically speaking) from the realm of fun novelty device to something that potentially could have a lot of professional applications.

I'm with you Lee - this makes me want an iPad. :)

• Members

I've wanted one of these ver since they announced them at the winter namm. Sweetwater says they should have them in stock next week. I can't wait. My band does a lot of weirdo electronic stuff and this is going to make live stuff SOOO much easier!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw this at the Summer NAMM show and was super impressed. I'm writing a series of articles and videos to demonstrate that the iPad is a very powerful composition and tracking tool. You still need to mix on a full blown DAW though.

The iPad is not just a toy.

I'll post links to the articles as they come out over the next few weeks.

groovezilla

www.groovezoo.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I like my iPad more than I thought I would despite the Jobs-inspired limits of ease of functionality. It's only real alternative was the Samsung Galaxy but lack of Android Apps and must-use Verizon killed that idea.

Now I want an Apogee Jam to go with Garageband.

• Members

With that, an iPad running Garageband, a couple mikes and a pair of cans... you could do some damage.
:)

That is pretty amazing.

I've had my Ipad 2 for a month and I love it, even though I haven't had time to really into recording yet. Thus far though, it's been great for trapping ideas on the go, which was my initial reason for getting it (not the only reason of course) ..

I sold all my home computer recording stuff (mbox, etc.) last year, since my friend built his own recording studio, but I was still missing something to record lofi at home. Was going to go totally 90s and get a simple tascam something, but the ipad seemed to be the best deal all around.

Archived