Paul Reed Smith Experts - 1994 Ce24

Johansolo

• Members

ive looked up the model number for my bolt on neck all black (with natural binding) 24 Fret PRS.

Im pretty sure its a 1994 CE24...with alder body.

because the finish is just plain black (no fancy flames/quilt)

would it be safe to assume the whole body is made of alder?

or would it have a maple cap as it has the natural binding...which is the same colour (or pretty close) to it as the maple neck?

anyone?

• Members

Alder with maple cap, maybe?

I found a really good PRS site that had a timetable for the CE's. I'll see if I bookmarked it.

They are great guitars, by the way. I love my CE22. I think that they are one of the biggest "bang for buck" guitars around.

I love posting photos of it too:D

prs002.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by HungPhat

ive looked up the model number for my bolt on neck all black (with natural binding) 24 Fret PRS.

Im pretty sure its a 1994 CE24...with alder body.

because the finish is just plain black (no fancy flames/quilt)

would it be safe to assume the whole body is made of alder?

or would it have a maple cap as it has the natural binding...which is the same colour (or pretty close) to it as the maple neck?

anyone?

I would say it is probably maple cap. I don't think I have seen the faux binding on the old all-alder ones.

Though it could be either. Would be pretty easy to check, pull out a pickup and look for the joint of the cap and body.

• Members

cool thanks. yeah ive been pondering this for ages.

anyways heres mine. well...one that looks like mine...cept mines more beat up (paid $1300AUS for it) and i have Seymourduncan JB/Jazz pickups (Zebra and reverse zebra) and black pickup rings

prsCE23255_1a.jpg

• 13 years later...

Archived