Alesis Multimix8USB 1.1;Cubase LE 4;Windows Vista Home Premium= Nightmare for novice

• Members

Phil (I hope you read this!) As the title states I have the first version of the Multimix8USB along with Windows Vista Home Premium. I bought the mixer three years ago and the install Interface was so confusing as to what I should install I of course installed the wrong drivers and just gave up and put the mixer back in it's box, that was three years ago.

Four weeks ago I decided that I would give it another try, same confusion with disk but finally figured it out. Then spent three weeks working with Alesis techs trying to get the thing to work right. On the last attempt the tech installed (we were linked on the net with him inside my pc) ASIO4ALL driver set after telling me that my version of the mixer needed no drivers.

At present when I set the level on the mixer for my guitar everything works like it should but when I go to the mixer inside the program (Cubase LE 4) to set the channel level there, the program locks up and a white opaque sheen covers the whole screen. I can still see the program in the background. I shut down program from task bar.

I know this mixer is a dinosaur at this point but is there no way to get it to work with some kind of recording program?

Alesis sent me a free copy of Cubase 5 in the middle of all this. Should I upgrade to Windows 7? OK, I'll stop and let others speak to this.

Thanks,

Gene

• 3 weeks later...

Archived