CD Architect and competing CD Text/ISRC standards

• Members

I bought CD Architect because apparently it's excellent CD mastering/burning software. I'd agree with that -- I put together the master for our band's CD using it and loved it.

But then we get our sample CD back from Kunaki and it has no CD Text and no ISRC codes. I go back and check them on the master CD I burned and they're there.

According to Kunaki's FAQ:

We support the leading standard in the area of CD text, not the Sony standard, which is not universally supported. You can read about the difference in Wikipedia.

Well, wikipedia pretty much only says there are two standards, and of course nowhere in the CD Architect documentation does it mention competing standards and I can see no way to specify using one or the other.

CD Text I can live without. Forget that for the time.

ISRC codes I cannot live without, and the Kunaki FAQ says nothing about those. Are there competing standards for those too, and why might they not be showing up on the sample?

After the bureaucratic nightmare I've gone through to get the CD to this point (it took 2 months to get a mechanical licence out of BMG Chrysalis for our one cover song, for example), I just want to do whatever is needed to get this released. This is the last step and I thought we were home free and done -- silly me, eh?

I paid about $100 for CD Architect but at this point I'll gladly pay more than that again to get this damn CD released if I need other software. Any recommendations (I'm running on Windows XP)?

Or is the best path to go somewhere other than Kunaki? I love everything about the quality of the sample CD except for not having those darned ISRC codes.

Archived