File under "I did not know that" - Sears sells microphones???

I was working on an article and wanted to look around a bit and see what various retailers were charging for various models, and ran into this:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2880512902P?ci_sku=SPM864579401&ci_src=14110944&i_cntr=1326659994752&sid=IDx20101019x00001a

Sears sells microphones? I did not know that.

I guess they're trying to compete online with Amazon or something - sell "everything"... and back in the day, you could get practically anything from a Sears catalog... but this is the first time I can recall ever seeing something like that for sale at Sears.

• Members

... and back in the day, you could get practically anything from a Sears catalog... but this is the first time I can recall ever seeing something like that for sale at Sears.

I think I remember them selling cheap import acoustics, keyboards, and drum kits but never mics

Sears used to be the "go-to" place for all kinda hard to find items. Try finding gelled alcohol fuel for indoor fireplaces anywhere else lol.

Recent years have seen them scale back the inventory.

• Members

Sears sells microphones? I did not know that.

I guess they're trying to compete online with Amazon or something - sell "everything"... and back in the day, you could get practically anything from a Sears catalog... but this is the first time I can recall ever seeing something like that for sale at Sears.

Sears.com has a 'marketplace', like Amazon, where other companies can use their site to sell. Notice just below the price it says "Sold by Focus Camera & 3 other sellers..."

• Members

They always had a musical intrument section in their Christmas/Winter catalogs growing up.

They even had branded equipment with the Silvertone name made by Harmony and Teisco.

Some of their Tube amps were killer, but the rest was pretty much junk.

• Members

They always had a musical intrument section in their Christmas/Winter catalogs growing up.

They even had branded equipment with the Silvertone name made by Harmony and Teisco.

Some of their Tube amps were killer, but the rest was pretty much junk.

I remember drooling over some very silly instruments in the "wishbook." Like a cheap Les Paul knockoff with built-in effects for $275. This would have been early eighties. I don't remember any microphones, though.

• Members

I remember they has a single pickup electric for $29, a dual pickup for $39 and a tripple pickup for a whopping $49.

That was allot of money back in the 60's when you could buy a used les paul for $150. I remember trying to save up

for one mowing lawns and my folks wouldnt let me buy one. they didnt want any of that nasty old rockin roll in the

house.

I wound up buying a Vox Apollo from a friend for $50. Later years I saw many of those sears special guitars

working in music stores doing repairs, and they were no more than junk toy instruments. Many were wasted from

setting in closets strung up for decades. some sisnt even have truss rods. If i had gotten one of them instead of

a real instrument, I probibly wouldnt have ever persued playing electric cause they were so bad.

Sears did have some better guitars in later years. Many were overpriced for what you got though.

• Members

Sears.com has a 'marketplace', like Amazon, where other companies can use their site to sell. Notice just below the price it says "Sold by Focus Camera & 3 other sellers..."

Yeah I've found other odd things on their website. Took a time or two before I noticed it was actually being sold by a third party. Walmart is also doing this. There is all kinds of crazy stuff they sell online. Like huge fish tanks and believe it or not. Caskets. Really. You can look it up.

Archived