thredlok

• Members
Originally posted by platpyus59

bwstrat.jpg

Black walnut/ maple chambered body

warmoth pro neck w/med jumbo frets

Sd five two's in the neck and middle

still experimenting with the bridge HB!

Wilkinson bridge and sperzels locking tuners.

It's beautiful. If you've been posting a build-thread I didn't see it before. Did you build that body yourself?

• Members
Originally posted by headless

It's beautiful. If you've been posting a build-thread I didn't see it before. Did you build that body yourself?

Yeah, I built the body anyway. And no I didn't do a building thread, I started it two years ago and hadn't been able to finish it until recently. I had developed some respiratory problems that made woodworking and finishing difficult.
I got lucky and found a nice piece of black walnut at the local Rockler and it was enough board ft. to make three body blanks. Here's the other guitar I made with the wood,
bwtele.jpg
I did take some pictures along the way whilst i was building it I have to see if they survived the hard drive crash of last year.

• Members
Originally posted by hutchtoo

That is really stunning. I take it you already had some fine carpentry skills before you started this project.

No, I'm a chemist. I just got the urge to build my own guitars so I bought some tools and books. Luckily I still have all my fingers.:p

Archived