Softube plugin users?

• Members

I use their "Acoustic Feedback" plugin whenever I need to emulate feedback on a guitar track that I've used a modeller on - it's easy to use and sounds great. I also use "Vintage Amp Room" as my go-to for plugin guitar tones. To my ears, it has the most believable modeller sounds available (for clean to moderate overdrive sounds)....

• Members

I use the TSAR Reverb and it's really good.

I didn't realize until browsing their site that PMI (Toft, Joemeek, Trident, others) owns the Valley People trademark now. I guess that's how they can say: The Softube Valley People Dyna-mite plug-in is the first and only software recreation of the Dyna-mite that is officially endorsed by Valley People.

What sort of things are you using the TSAR Reverb on Zooey? :)

As far as the Valley People endorsement, I thought they had stopped production years ago. Maybe PMI purchased the remaining assets / right to the name? :idk:

I just did a little searching, and I couldn;t find anything regarding when or how they were sold, but I did find this video of Alan Hyatt, and it sounds like they did purchase at least the intellectual property rights and trademarks; apparently, they plan on re-releasing Valley People hardware in 500 Series module format. Valley made some cool stuff back in the day, so this is actually very cool news IMO. :)

[video=youtube;ImI57J69Vo8]

• Members

What sort of things are you using the TSAR Reverb on Zooey?
:)

As far as the Valley People endorsement, I thought they had stopped production years ago. Maybe PMI purchased the remaining assets / right to the name?
:idk:

I just did a little searching, and I couldn;t find anything regarding when or how they were sold, but I did find this video of Alan Hyatt, and it sounds like they did purchase at least the intellectual property rights and trademarks; apparently, they plan on re-releasing Valley People hardware in 500 Series module format. Valley made some cool stuff back in the day, so this is actually very cool news IMO.
:)

I'm an IP lawyer representing companies in the audio industry, so I'm always interested in that kind of stuff. Some companies just poach the name back out of the public domain. Others track down the original owners and buy the IP. I think PMI could do a decent job at preserving the sound of the original designs.

I've used TSAR on the usual sources--drums, vocals, acoustic guitar. The reverb sits very well in the track with minimal tweaking. You can easily achieve that subtle ambiance you don't notice until you mute it, then you immediately know it is gone. I find that harder to achieve with a convolution reverb--or at least a lot more time consuming. Algorithmic reverbs have been making a comeback recently, and this is a good one.

Archived