Multiface II would be perfect for me if...

• Members

...I could adjust the input sensitivity independently for each channel via software.

To my knowledge, rev. 2 can set different input sensitivities via software, but I believe it's global for all inputs. You can set them to +4 or -10, but you can't set each input or output independently.

I'd like to plug my synths in direct, but my synth outputs vary considerably. If I could set the input sensitivities for each Multiface channel, I could compensate very easily.

I'll probably get one anyway, but this is one feature that would make a good product great.

Todd

• Moderators

Have you checked out the RME UFX? Pretty amazing piece. The converters are so beyond interface quality and sound more in line with Prism, Apogee and the Lynx stuff. The D to A is so fun to track through. I set up a couple of good mikes and started singing and playing... it sounded so good. The UFX comes with a mixer app that goes far and beyond what you might need or want to do as far as individual control.

• Members

Interesting Lee... I've seen that box, but it's a bit out of my price range. I'm also not a big fan of Firewire audio solutions (or USB for that matter). I really want a PCIe based solution if possible, and Multiface fits that bill pretty well (less my minor gripe about setting input levels for individual inputs/outputs).

Todd

Archived