what now?

• Members

Step by step instructions, including using iLok would be awesome. My iLok I bought from guitar center is plugged in, and I am logged in. There are no license codes on my ilok. how do i get the pro tools 9 license on there? Where do I go from here, SO confused!!! :facepalm::cry:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348194[/ATTACH]

Crud... :(

If they already had that program installed, they'll have to transfer their iLok license from their iLok to yours. I believe there is a $25 transfer fee involved. The program disks are basically worthless without an iLok license.

If they have Pro Tools 9 HD, and have never installed the program, then the authorization is inside the box on an authorization card with codes on it. For the REGULAR version of Pro Tools 9, the authorization is also in the box, but in the form of a pre-authorized ilok 2.

They either owe you an authorization (via transfer - which can be initiated by them on www.ilok.com - they'll need your iLok account user ID info) or an authorized iLok.

• Members

boo :cry:. they did have the program installed already. Youre talking about the iLok license for pro tools right?

I do not have any boxes, just a disk. I guess Ill have to ask him if he will do the transfer, otherwise it looks like I was scammed since I cant open the program :confused:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of - that you may have gotten "taken" on the purchase. :(

I'd contact him right away and see if he'll do the license transfer. Without it, the program disks are pretty much useless unless you already own a license and iLok and just wanted a backup copy of the program DVDs - which you could just as easily download from Avid directly.

Archived