Let's talk about reverb plugins - what are your favorites?

• Members

My main go to reverb is Overloud's Breverb. It's a little bright but pretty versatile. I wouldn't say it sounds very realistic but I can usually make it sit in a mix well.

I also use the IK Multimedia Classik Reverb. I think it sounds a little thicker and darker than the Breverb and I use it when I don't want the reverb to be too noticeable.

I also sometimes use the Perfect Space that came with Sonar and occasionally use the stock FX Sonar reverb.

A lot of people say they like the Sonnox Oxford Reverb but I've never used it. I use the Sonnox Oxford eq on just about everything that I record because it's the most transparent and accurate eq I have so maybe I should try their reverb.

My favorite hardware reverb that I have is the Alesis Wedge. It's kind of thick and dark but I don't use it much anymore since I started using VSTs.

I'm somewhat impatient so I try not to spend too much time trying out different reverb programs and patches. You can waste a lot of time auditioning everything you have only to come to realise that your first or second choice was probably the best. I'm also not big tweaker. I usually go through patches until I like something and will adjust the decay a little and cut some of the low frequencies with a high pass filter.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Folder, have you tried the Massenburg EQ plugin?

No I haven't.

Is that Massenburg as in George Massenburg?

I like the Oxford because to my ears it is pretty transparent and acurate.

When I want to add a little color I will sometimes use the T-Racks stuff.

The one that looks like a beat up old vintage unit has a really smooth high end.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Folder, have you tried the Massenburg EQ plugin?

No I haven't.

Is that Massenburg as in George Massenburg?

I like the Oxford because to my ears it is pretty transparent and acurate.

When I want to add a little color I will sometimes use the T-Racks stuff.

The one that looks like a beat up old vintage unit has a really smooth high end.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived