New Mixerman stuff...

I just got an email from my friend Mixerman. Seems he has some new products coming out, and since I know he has other fans here, I thought I'd post about them to let you guys know.

I don't think he'll mind if I post the email:

Hey Phil,

So I have two new products out.

The first is Zen and the Art of Producing.

The second is The Daily Adventures of Mixerman: An Audiobook Dramatization

There is a promo sampler up on Youtube that you can check out.

The Adventures will be available on Audible in the next few days.

Hope you're well,

Eric

Eric, if you see this and want to fill us in on any details I left out, please feel free. wave.gif

• Members

Hey Thanks Phil!

So, yeah, there's Zen and the Art of Producing, which is a useful book whether you're looking to become a producer, looking FOR a producer, or find yourself producing your own work as an artist. I lay out all the things that I think about as a producer, from budget, to preproduction, to the mix, and I put a particular emphasis on Vision and how that relates to your success as a producer. It's not enough just to go into the studio and hope. You need to make a plan that works both logistically and creatively, and understanding the kinds of things that a producer considers will go a long way towards improving your results.

Produced by Aardvark, The Daily Adventures of Mixerman is a full dramatization of the original book. What we've done, is to take story and give it a Firesign Theatre treatment (similar to 1930s live radio programming), complete with music, musical character motifs (ala Peter and the Wolf), foley, sound effects, and character readings by some of my friends, who happen to be the most well known producers and mixers in the business, including: Ken Scott (The Beatles), Dave Pensado (Christina Aguillerra), Ed Cherney (Better Midler), Ron Saint Germain (U2), Jeff Lorber, Joe McGrath (AFI), Dylan Dresdow (Black-Eyed Peas), William Wittman (Cyndi Lauper), Julian Bunetta (Hillary Duff), JP Plunier (Ben Harper), and Bob Ohllsson (Jackson 5).

The result? A whole new product that's entertaining in it's own way. Even if you've read the book, perhaps particularly if you've read the book, you're going to want to check out this version of the story.

The whole goal was to produce an audiobook that was actually entertaining. I believe we've succeeded in that. Here's the video embedded in the post, because I wouldn't want any of you to leave Harmony Central, even for a moment!

You can hear the entire first chapter too: The Supreme Negotiators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkEKgAozpI

Enjoy,

Mixerman

P.S. If you haven't picked up Zen and the Art of Mixing that's been a remarkably popular book. So, what are you waiting for?

P.P.S. This is where the cranks scream SPAMMER. Spammer is such an ugly word. Can we say Shameless Self-Promoter instead? Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

UPDATE:

The Daily Adventures of Mixerman: An Audiobook Dramatization is NOW AVAILABLE on Audible.com!

The product will also be put on iTunes in the coming weeks (they take forever). That said, I would recommend you purchase a subscription from Audible, which provides you with a credit for one book when you open an account (Hint: The Daily Adventures of Mixerman), and you can continue that subscription for three months if you like, and it will cost you less than to buy the book outright. This way you can get other, likely less entertaining, books to add to your new audiobook library.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Archived