Any Cubase Experts? Re: Variaudio?

• Members

I upgraded from Cubase 5 to Cubase 7 and while the process wasn't entirely seamless, I'm pretty happy with the new version.  Today, however, I fired up Variaudio and I'm running into a problem.  Instead of allowing me to move the not to proper pitch, it is retaining the relativity.  Said another way, if the note is 20% sharp of C, it won't allow me to move it to C proper and if I move it to D it snaps into place at 20% sharp of D.  Only quantization actually moves it closer, but you don't want to overdo that.

Do I have some kind of "Variaudio Snap" enabled or something?  What is going on? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Members

Just got this answer on Steinberg's forum.  Apparently it is working properly, I just need to monkey with it to get it to the settings I had in Cubase 5.

----------------------------------------------------

Cubase 7 has different default behaviors in Variaudio than previous versions.

In order to move the note by RELATIVE semi-tones (the default) you just move the note without a modifier key.

In order to move the note by cents, you have to hold down the shift key as you move the notes.

In order to move the note to the next ABSOLUTE semi-tone you need to hold down the Command / CTRL key.

You can change these defaults by going to preferences under "Editing --> Tool Modifier".

In this sense the program is working exactly as it should.

As far as seeing the note details on the pitch segments themselves at certain waveform zoom levels, Cubase 7 SHOULD be doing this, but for some reason it doesn't show that for me either. As you say though, that information is in the info line above.

Archived