Strange Adam F5's out of box

• Members

Hey I'm Tom, 

just opened my new F5's and noticed a couple of things that worry me:

1. One monitor has a tweeter with wigly uneven lines.

2. The packaging is different- one closed on top the other at the bottom

3.One has a sticky ribbon with something written on it by hand on the front panel- it's like it's been serviced.:smileyfrustrated: 

I've contacted the company but still no answer, any advice before  take it back to the store? 

• Members

Thank You guys!

Got a different pair yesterday- different serials, totally new with straight tweeters.

Already amazed by some parts i've never heard before and man, some top class musicians should stick to their job and less mix/master their albums :smiley-wtf: Just hoped that with a more balanced room and monitors i'd get the reason behind some strange mixes, but it actually sounds even worse than i thought. So much fun!

Thanks again.

Tom A.

sphynxy wrote:

Thank You guys!

Got a different pair yesterday- different serials, totally new with straight tweeters.

Already amazed by some parts i've never heard before and man, some top class musicians should stick to their job and less mix/master their albums
:smiley-wtf:
Just hoped that with a more balanced room and monitors i'd get the reason behind some strange mixes, but it actually sounds even worse than i thought. So much fun!

Thanks again.

Tom A.

You're welcome Tom. And welcome to the forums. :)

I had a similar response the first time I heard the ADAM S3A's that I use as my main reference speakers - they're very revealing... but that's exactly what I want in a studio monitor; honesty, as opposed to something that glosses over any flaws and makes things sound better than they really are. 

Archived