TASCAM-X-48 (MKI or MKII)?

• Members

Just had a look at this on the Tascam website for grins. Every time I have issues with Pro Tools, I find myself looking at one of Tascam's HD recorders.

Outta curiosity, does anyone use this? What do you think? I saw one person making reference to VST plugins, but see nothing on their website. How is the sound quality (converters, mix buss, whatever)? What kinds of plugins does it use? Does it take third-party plugins? Is it easy to use? Caveats?  Just looking for real-world experiences with this or its predecessor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

UstadKhanAli wrote:

Just had a look at this on the Tascam website for grins. Every time I have issues with Pro Tools, I find myself looking at one of Tascam's HD recorders.

Outta curiosity, does anyone use this? What do you think? I saw one person making reference to VST plugins, but see nothing on their website. How is the sound quality (converters, mix buss, whatever)? What kinds of plugins does it use? Does it take third-party plugins? Is it easy to use? Caveats?  Just looking for real-world experiences with this or its predecessor.

Though I recently upgraded to the Tascam DM3200 mixer, I plan to wait a little longer before I replace my MX2424 with the X-48 - hopefully pick up a X48 cheap as I did with my MX and DM.  The old MX still sounds great, but of course it's getting pretty old and it has some odd features such as using SCSI drives and backing up over Ethernet.    The MX has a graphical interface (using a full PC) but nothing like the X-48's built in monitor driver.

Terry D.

Archived