best jewish guitar player

zepfan976

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by zepfan976

because im jewish and i hear enough of it out in the real world and i dont need it here

You know, the way to stop prejudice is to stop categorising people in the first place. The Gay Olympics, Black History month, all they do is segregate more. You might as well ask, "who is the best guitarist who had measles as a child".

• Members
Originally posted by TheDarxide

You know, the way to stop prejudice is to stop categorising people in the first place. The Gay Olympics, Black History month, all they do is segregate more. You might as well ask, "who is the best guitarist who had measles as a child".

+1
If people just accepted that people are "people" the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately it seems innate, most races naes for themselves come down to "we're the REAL people".

And for Christ's sake, who came up with the MOBO awards? There would be riots in the streets if they had a "music of white origin" award show!!!

Also... I hope that people who are thinking Ratae is being racist realise that he is merely quoting from "monty python and the holy grail"... The bit where a jew is describing HIMSELF because his mother has just informed him he's probably half-roman... with a father called "Bigus Dickus" :D

• Members

My guess is that it probably isn't a rock guitarist, though Mike Bloomfield was pretty dang good. And as far as I know Chet Atkins wasn't Jewish and probably not Jimmy Bryant or Roy Lanham.

Unless I think of somebody later I will go with Gary Lucas or Marc Ribot, that is if Marc Ribot is Jewish. But both Gary and Marc play on John Zorn's Tzadik label. And both of them pwn everybody mentioned on here so far.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

+1.

Why does a guitar players religion/color/sexual preference/take your pick matter?

• Members

Originally posted by sporka

There are some pretty good jewish musicians(Bob Dylan, for example), but not many famous jewish "guitarists" that are known for their chops.

Maybe we don't have rhythm? (I can say it).

Cartman was right!

You really need to do a little more research (or least read this thread)...And from the straight ahead jazz world, I would add Peter Bernstein to the thread. Steve Herberman plays pretty well too.

Archived