Gaga University - Lady Gaga's Lessons for the Music Business (WSJ)

Matximus

• Members

As a female, she could have been regarded as another Segovia- there are almost no female classical guitar players that are any good.

I love your contributuions to this board Blue, but your dead wrong here-there are great female classical guitarists and a handful of good flamenco female guitarists but Charo ain't one of them. No hooters, no accent, no career. She made the right move.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love your contributuions to this board Blue, but your dead wrong here-there are great female classical guitarists and a handful of good flamenco female guitarists but Charo ain't one of them. No hooters, no accent, no career. She made the right move.

Well, it isn't the first time I've been wrong. I will defer to your expertise on the subject!:thu:

• Members

Just watch that for the doubters out there that think Gaga has no talent.

That video makes me sad, in a way, because it's far more musically interesting than her singing about her shirt being inside out over techno. Wouldn't sell as well, though, so she made the right choice. Um, why is this thread still going? Oops... I guess I just added to it.

• Members

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/65127/

Can't believe this thread is still alive either.... Thought I'd spare ya'll another GAGA thread and post this latest story on my Hero here for those interested in taking a deeper dive down the Gaga Rabbit hole...

Good overview of how she went from NY arts scene to international pop superstardom.

The calculation in which she changes styles sickens some people. I think it's just fantastic....

Archived