I wonder how the dude who was going to sell a million albums in a year is doing?

BlueStrat

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel
really
bad for this guy. I suspect its a hoax

Maybe. I think it's more just a guy who really has not much of an idea how today's music biz works, he developed a theory, and thought it should be simple to implement. The less you know about something, the easier it becomes to convince yourself of its simplicity.

I have a friend who used to make a living servicing and stocking vending machines. He developed as friendship with a local builder through their wives, and as the builder's company grew, the builder asked my friend if he'd consider becoming a job superintendent. He had good organizational skills and problem solving abilities, and worked well with other people. My friend jumped on it, and told me he thought, "well, shoot, this ought to be a breeze, since everything we build is all on paper. All you gotta do is follow the prints and make a schedule. What could possibly go wrong? " :facepalm::lol:

That's this guy with the million records in a year dream. I think he went into this not realizing how very difficult it is to sell even a thousand CDs a year anymore, let alone 1000 times that many.

• Members

i hope this kid sells a million, man. yeah, he's clueless, but he's going for it...and i have to be honest: that 80s song isn't worse than a lot of the stuff i've heard from 80s acts in the past...if he could flesh out a better recording, there's hope for some following....perhaps a few less than 1,000,000 people, though. :lol:

• Members

i hope this kid sells a million, man. yeah, he's clueless, but he's going for it...and i have to be honest: that 80s song isn't worse than a lot of the stuff i've heard from 80s acts in the past...if he could flesh out a better recording, there's hope for some following....perhaps a few less than 1,000,000 people, though.

NO way man.....

I really hope he fails miserably, cause if he doesn't, and makes it big, it will prove that there is no justice in the world.

Because it will say {censored} the artist, all you have to be is a master of hype....

• Members

I really hope he fails miserably, cause if he doesn't, and makes it big, it will prove that there is no justice in the world.

Agree totally. I don't really know who's a bigger tool, this guy, or the people who actually want this freak to succeed.

And the bigger point is, really, "Bringin back that fun 80's music", which if I remember correctly, the OP stated as one of his goals. Why would we care about his feeble attempts when there are perfectly competent artists doing this already?

• Members

I can't wait until he shows up this forum wondering what he did wrong:cop:

He's probably too ashamed to come back; or make his presence known I should say. My gut tells me that he has been reading this thread regularly.

• Members

This is one of those things that could go viral. I'm not joking either. The guy may never sell a million records but he could become a web celeb just by having the balls to make a statement like that and document the whole thing.

I give him props just for saying F### it. Now the first song aint great but hey, neither are all of mine so what the hell.

Scott

• Members

Well, see, that's the thing- he would go viral for only one of two reasons: his stuff is really good, ala Lily Allen, or it's incredibly bad, as in Complete or William Hung. The first reason is optimal; the second not so much. But mediocre just isn't going to cut it, and that's where this guy's songs and talent fall. He may get a few curious people, but once they see what he's doing and realize there's no 'there' there, and that he's neither good nor really awful but merely average, he's dead in the water.

IMO, of course.

• Members

Well, see, that's the thing- he would go viral for only one of two reasons: his stuff is really good, ala Lily Allen, or it's incredibly bad, as in Complete or William Hung. The first reason is optimal; the second not so much. But mediocre just isn't going to cut it, and that's where this guy's songs and talent fall. He may get a few curious people, but once they see what he's doing and realize there's no 'there' there, and that he's neither good nor really awful but merely average, he's dead in the water.

IMO, of course.

SO, you are saying that even though he is really bad, he's not bad enough to be good, yes?

:lol:

• Members

LOL I stayed out of his original thread because Daddymack mentioned that he wanted us to "play nice" and I wanted to respect that, but I really think he is one of those people who have a serious self esteem deficit, but not in the normal way...For him to feel worthwhile he needed to get attention and admiration from others via a delusional proclamation. Folks like that are so out of touch with reality that they can't see how they REALLY come off to other people; they are fulfilled by merely talking about something. For people like him, just by talking about it they get the ego boost they are looking for.

I actually knew someone who was just like this guy...although he didn't spit out all kinds of BS about what he was going to do in the future, only what he had done in the past. After a short while of knowing him I started noticing glaring inconsistencies in his stories, and things just didn't add up. Also he would completely contradict himself within 10 minutes of conversation. And the real big tip off for me was how he said he was in the Army, but kept changing what his MOS was, and when I asked him about his DD 214 he had absolutely no clue what that was. Now as those of us that have been in the military know there is simply NO WAY you can have served and not know what a 214 is...ESPECIALLY if you've only been out for 2 years.

But anyways back to the million selling album dude, I honestly feel bad for people like him, they are so out of touch with reality and are obviously so empty and unfulfilled inside and so self loathing that they have to do things like what he's doing to feel good about themselves, and considering that they are harmless and can't help it I really don't blame them, but as much as I hate to admit it part of me wants to call people like that out whenever I come across them.

Archived