I wonder how the dude who was going to sell a million albums in a year is doing?

BlueStrat

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The really sad part is he'll get a bunch of hopeful people watching his videos and following his blog, he'll get a ton of publicity, and when it doesn't come close to happen, he'll get a to of attaboys for 'at least trying'.

I have decided I'm going to build my own space ship in my back yard and fly to Mars and back in one year. I'll chronicle it on youtube, a blog, and spam emails and facebook notifications.

Hey, at least I'd get credit for trying.

• Members

That last video makes me ask.....what person in their right mind would post a video of themselves singing a raw vocal, don't they realize how bad it sounds? I'm just amazed at what people will post. Are they so starving for attention that anything will do?

It just blows me away....

• Members

That last video makes me ask.....what person in their right mind would post a video of themselves singing a raw vocal, don't they realize how bad it sounds? I'm just amazed at what people will post. Are they so starving for attention that anything will do?

It just blows me away....

Ouch. seriously, who does he think is going to buy that style of music?

Plus he's recording in a hard drywall room, moving the mic all over the place, and listening to playback through a single earbud. :facepalm:

FAIL

• Members

I have decided I'm going to build my own space ship in my back yard and fly to Mars and back in one year. I'll chronicle it on youtube, a blog, and spam emails and facebook notifications.

that is the most absurd, unrealistic idea i've ever heard! everyone knows there's no internet on Mars!!!

-PJ

• Members

I think this is more like watch me record a record that will sell a million copies.......

HEY BRO

Genius!

Hand-held side-address condenser with no pop filter in an untreated drywall room right beside an uncovered plate glass window. I love it when a track comes together!

The best part is that he could have just overdubbed the video with the actual track and processed vocals, but he's just way too badass to do that.

• Members

HEY BROSTRAT

It's hopeless. The space travel business has gone way downhill since I was your age. These projects still get the same dollar amount of funding they did in the 1980s.

Since the internet took off, any group of kids can build a spaceship in their backyards and chronicle the whole thing on Facebook and Youtube.

These days, people have to go out and look for quality spaceships on their own, and most people just aren't willing to do that. There are far too many crappy spaceships out there, and not nearly enough demand.

• Members

I was thinking about this guy just last night and wondering how he's doing.

Looks like he's well on his way doesn't it! :snax::facepalm:

Maybe I'm just a cynic but the generally positive reaction he seemed to get in various net forums when he first posted amazed me. I took an immediate dislike to his snake-oil-salesman tone.

• Members

HEY BROSTRAT

It's hopeless. The space travel business has gone way downhill since I was your age. These projects still get the same dollar amount of funding they did in the 1980s.

Since the internet took off, any group of kids can build a spaceship in their backyards and chronicle the whole thing on Facebook and Youtube.

These days, people have to go out and look for quality spaceships on their own, and most people just aren't willing to do that. There are far too many crappy spaceships out there, and not nearly enough demand.

:lol::lol::lol: good one! :lol::lol:

• Members

I read somewhere that announcing ideas, without completing them first, gives you a false sense of satisfaction.

Since he's announced that he is going to sell 1 million records, in his head, he's probably already sold them. Unfortunately, in reality, he has one completed song and "about 20 basic ideas. just simple drum beats and structures"

He should have paid someone to write/produce the entire CD for him back in 2008, and recorded videos of him lip singing in 2009, then put them up on the web in early January 2010, making it seem like things came together fast, making it seem like he had talent, and allowing him to have a chance at selling even 10,000 copies.

Archived