guitar nicknames

Jimi Ray Halen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There is only one guitar I temporarily nicknamed and that was my Ibanez Artcore. I called it "Ranger". It came from the fact that someone hit my Ford Ranger and the insurance money paid for that guitar.

:D

But like I said, that was temporary, otherwise, like many others here, I refer to my guitars by their brand name or model name.

• Members

ok, i know it's wierd, but here goes. i like big cats so it seems these work well for me.

the tiger... 05 sg supreme firebrust,

the siberian...agile st1000 white w/a black pickguard,

the leopard (or starr)...1978 guild S300AD

the cheetah...my partscaster superstrat

the panther...squier tele all blacked out w/cat eyes pg

the lynx...washburn H/S/S strat,

and coming soon...the lion, or leo...agile AL2800 LP:rolleyes:

silly? maybe to you, to me it's fun:p

• Members

dolly dagger

just like the song

but i just call it the strat in front of my friends

i have a feeling that theyd say something like "dolly fagger" knowing them

i also plan on getting a schecter tempest soon

i plan on naming it lizzie after a girl i had a crush on in 8th grade who turned out to be a complete bitch

because its pretty on the outside but all mean on the inside

turns out she liked me too

after i realized she was a psycho hose beast

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I named mine after songs Beth (by kiss) and Kevin (from my perfect cousin by the undertones) 

kevin: he was my first guitar and I hold him dearly to my heart he is red and has tons of stickers from my favourite bands covering him 

Beth: she... well her paint job changes a lot but right now she has a whole bunch of purple and yellow designs and it looks really cool it’s just not finished 

they are both shaped like strats 

• Members
5 hours ago, Mike Michael Mikerson said:

I named mine after songs Beth (by kiss) and Kevin (from my perfect cousin by the undertones) 

kevin: he was my first guitar and I hold him dearly to my heart he is red and has tons of stickers from my favourite bands covering him 

Beth: she... well her paint job changes a lot but right now she has a whole bunch of purple and yellow designs and it looks really cool it’s just not finished 

they are both shaped like strats 

Pictures, or they are both hello kitty strats named Steve.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Ibanez Gio

Nickname : April

This guitar has an almost perfect neck it is quite easy to play on. The main guitar itself is not bad but ok and nothing more. The tremolo goes out of tune quite easily hence why it has been locked. The tuners was replaced with locking ones for easy string change. The guitar is cheaply made and it shows in certain aspects. I received this guitar on my birthday in April hence the name. It has a lot of sentimental value rather than actual value but I still regard this guitar as a note worthy instrument.

Gibson SG Faded 2017

Nickname :  Martina

This guitar is well made Gibson guitar. One of my first what I would call “ real guitars “ hence why it was named after my first girlfriend Martina. It was purchased as an ex display model from Anderton Music and was in a sorry state. Most of the hardware including the robo tuner, nut, pickups and electronics where inadequate and so over the years this guitar has gone through a lot of changes to find it’s purpose much like myself. It’s final finished outlook has left it being a unique instrument with in its looks but still holding on to its SG heritage and Gibson roots. The upgrades include a custom blue stain finish. Real wood colour matched pickguard. Bare Knuckles Rebel Yell pickups, Grover locking tuners, a modern Babicz tune o matic bridge with stopbar, Graphtec nut and customised Gibson electronics with orange drop capacitors and coil split.