Anyone here have any experience with an Alvarez Classic II, any good?

citizens_X

• Members

I went to My local Music store and they had a used Alvarez Classic II for 100.00, I played it and everything seemed fine. It's made in Korea and Has a traditional strat style body with a humbucker in the bridge and 2 single coils.

Are these guitars any good?

How can I find out how old it is? the serial # is 602789

Maybe one of You can tell Me.

It had a few nicks but nother major and the white pickups and pickguard have yellowed a little due to age.

:wave:

• Members

Never knew they made electrics? Acoustic Electric and Acoustic. I have a RD8 Acousyic I bought of there's on SALE for $150 with the OHSC. I'm really blown away by the guitar, It is an outstanding playing/sounding acoustic for the bucks. Its a Laminated Spruce top, but still, it sounds great now, I'm not worried about it sounding better as it age's! There's no review's on it here?

• Members

does it look like a strat but with a larger top horn? And 3 on a side tuners? I have one and it ain't that bad, but it had some great pickups in it already( seymour duncans and a stock humbucker). Has no resale value but feels good and plays well.

• Members

Originally posted by cadfael

does it look like a strat but with a larger top horn? And 3 on a side tuners? I have one and it ain't that bad, but it had some great pickups in it already( seymour duncans and a stock humbucker). Has no resale value but feels good and plays well.

This one has 6 tuners on one side but it is a strat copy.:thu:

• Members
  • Members

I had a few Alvarez Electrics pass through my hands when I was dealing out of the house.

I had 2 of those Classics, something that was more of 'shredder thing' with absolutely no hint of name or model number, 1 Dana scoop and 2 Dana II's.

For $100, it is competitive with the other $100 stuff - Yamaha Pacifica's, Peavey Predators, Samick Malibu's, etc, etc.

I think all of the above mentioned are a much better product than your typical Squier, which always seems to be what people want to compare to.

Archived