Guitar for Doom Metal?

fuzztone

• Members

Which guitar for playing rhythum on stuff like Antique,Saint Vitus, Kyuss,Paradise Lost,My Dying Bride ,Anathema,Sleep, Eighteen Visions, Nora, ENDLESS, Down ,High On Fire, Rotting Christ, Eyehategod, Cradle of Filth,Electric Wizard, Earth, Crowbar, Lostprophets, Most Precious Blood and other stuff like that ?SG?LP?

• Members

Originally posted by fuzztone

Which guitar for playing rhythum on stuff like Antique,Saint Vitus, Kyuss,Paradise Lost,My Dying Bride ,Anathema,Sleep, Eighteen Visions, Nora, ENDLESS, Down ,High On Fire, Rotting Christ, Eyehategod, Cradle of Filth,Electric Wizard, Earth, Crowbar, Lostprophets, Most Precious Blood and other stuff like that ?SG?LP?

Eighteen Visions are Fernandes Monterey users. Nora used similar when I saw them. Most Precious Blood is the only one that sticks out, really, as most of those bands are Gibson/PRS/ESP/Fernandes users, and play something similar in build to a Les Paul. MPB, on the other hand, use Parker... And EMG... Weirdest idea ever.

Anyway, just go for an SG.

• Members

Gibson SG or Les Paul with an Orange or Matamp GTL. End of story. Nothing is heavier, fuzzier, darker, or doomier than that. Best to tune down at least a full step to get that darker tone as well.

Refer to this thread for more:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1494412&highlight=stoner+rock

Archived