Yamaha AES420 -- an incredible $159.99 guitar!

*Dean*Medlock*

• Members

Yeah, I got a closeout AES420 from samash.com for $159.99, too. I'm totally happy with it. It would have been a fair deal at the $300 it usually goes for, but for $160 you gotta be kidding me. Set neck, mahogany body, and flawless build quality. Congrats to anybody else who picked it up.

Yeah, I got a closeout AES420 from samash.com for $159.99, too. I'm totally happy with it. It would have been a fair deal at the $300 it usually goes for, but for $160 you gotta be kidding me. Set neck, mahogany body, and flawless build quality. Congrats to anybody else who picked it up.

I agree. I'da paid $300 and been squawking about the amazing guitar I got for cheap!

And I got it cheaper!!:thu:

• 14 years later...
  • Members

bought mine a few months ago for what I thought was a great deal at $275 can. as has already been pointed out,, the build quality,,imho,, is

as good as my LP standard if not better. I did however majorly upgrade the electronics and the bridge. the upgrades from end to end are,,,dimarzio

250k(not so bright) pots with a push-push tone knob to split the bridge pickup. switchcraft 3 way to replace the PU selector switch. gotoh wraparound bridge.

SD custom 5 bridge,,,SD humbucker size P90 for the neck. dunlop locking strap buttons. an earvana compensated nut coupled with the buzz feiten

tuning system to really nail down tuning at every spot on the neck. the only thing left I want to do is install grover autolocking tuners on it. and honestly?? I

like the looks a lot!!  like a rounded off les paul. the one and only thing I don't like is the goofy spot the jack is placed on the back end of the body where

the strap peg would normally be. with the SD pups it sounds(and feels) like you just want to keep playing it. never had that with my LP.

yam full.jpg

yam close.jpg

1992292122_yamfull.thumb.jpg.8bcff2eec1b563f4f9c18a2c2c5937e5.jpg

853454299_yamclose.thumb.jpg.fae9efc969c1164f38c10d01070bb011.jpg

Archived