TeleHeads: Good songs for my Telecaster! (Classic Rock, Rock, Blues)

Ryan Trevisol

• Members

I'm building out my setlists by guitar, so I can practice all the songs I know without switching guitars every other song.

I came up with 50 songs for my Les Paul, 45 for my main strat, 20 for my 1/2 step down tuned strat, and about 20 for my P-90 strat which is in progress. But I only have like 5 songs for my tele!

I like to play classic rock, some modern rock, blues of all sorts, but no country. No metal either.

Recommend me some good songs to play on my Tele! It's collecting dust!

102_2730.jpg

It has Fender CS Texas Specials FWIW.

• Members

Maybe some country stuff obvously, tom petty and the heartbreakers stuff ( Mike Cambell used a tele on most of their hits )...

R&B Motown stuff ( Steve Cropper Used a tele for instance in soul man and dock of the bay )

Led Zeppelin tunes sound great on a tele ( most of pages work was done on a tele in the studio )

Mellencamp tunes like " Hurt So Good" and " little pink houses ".....

These are just off the top off my head....

• Members

Yeah no country.

Yeah, now that I think about it, Running Down a Dream should be moved from my Les Paul list to my Tele List, and I'd like to learn Free Fallin' and Refugee.

Most of the Led Zeppelin I like to play is from the Les Paul era.

Stairway and Good Times Bad Times would work.

Keep 'em comin!

• Members

Brown Sugar would be great. 'Song 2' by Blur, most Clash songs. I suppose Ramones songs would work well as well, although the P90 strat would probably be better at that. A tele could also nail those really nasty tones Jack White gets, as well.

• Members

are you serious?

Quite. I have all my music in iTunes. And mostly I play by myself with CD's and backing tracks. So it makes sense to me to have it all broken out by guitar, so I can play, say the Tele on Thursday, and on Friday maybe I'll pick up the Les Paul, or whatever.

I really need to get some Roy Buchanan, I've heard his name before but can't say I've heard his music. Yardbirds, good suggestion there too.

• Members

Mother heads family reunion by Richie Kotzen

I stumbled across a promo copy of that disc about 7 years ago in a used CD store for $1.00! That album kicks all kinds of ass. I love the motown cover he put on there. The band I was in at the time actually covered it for a while.

Archived