2 Duncan Designed humbuckers

Platinum hardware

2 volume and 2 tone controls

Adjustable bridge with stop tailpiece

3-way switching

22 Jumbo Frets

Made in Korea

229456.jpg

I got this at Sam Ash for $199. I've had it about a week. I'd seen it before, but at $399 it never really grabbed me. When I saw it on sale, I made my first impulse guitar buy ever. I'm pretty sure it will be my last when my wife finds out.

Fit and finish: Satin finish over a red transparent stain. The black is gloss, but I don't like a gloss finish on the neck, so I went red. It's a set neck and its very well put together. Played well right out of the box.No finish flaws that I've found yet, and there's one sharp fret up around 15 that I'll have to sand. Very easy access to the upper frets. Well balanced and very light.

Sound: Similar to an SG. The humbuckers are very hot and fairly bright with tons of midrange. On clean, it has a nice twang to it...almost Strat like. But crank up the overdrive and it becomes a monster. Controls are set up like a Les Paul, so there was no learning curve there.

Overall: For $200 this is a great guitar. True, it's not much to look at, but it is an absolute joy to play and listen to. I have a feeling that if I stay with my current band (alt-country), this could become my main guitar.

Archived