PRS Custom 24 pickups suck

toneprophet

• Members

I hated the HFS and VB in my old CE24. But, I always felt it was because they didn't pair up well with my amp. The PRS PU's are wound to drive a hotter amp than all my vintage pieces, they don't pair up well with lower-gain Supros, Tweeds Deluxes, or Plexi's.

• Members

True

"The PRS Dragon 2002 limited edition single-cut guitars are adorned with inlaid pearl and other exotic materials, as well as original artwork that depict a dragon face on the top of the guitar and fingerboard."

So tell me how a Limited Edition 5 year old Dragon = All PRS guitars.

• Members

True

"The PRS Dragon 2002 limited edition single-cut guitars are adorned with inlaid pearl and other exotic materials, as well as original artwork that depict a dragon face on the top of the guitar and fingerboard."

http://www.flyingvintage.com/gcmag/graphics/namm3.jpg

http://www.haisliphotography.com/wbPRS%20Dragon.jpg

False. Gibson also has their limited guitars like that POS too.

l_1a7b3f869276c3bee97002162cf6d742.jpg

l_569f1c98d9160c5ed1a5241e08d5b653.gif

• Members

I've always thought Gibson pups sounded better than PRS'. They are indeed very well made instruments, I just feel Gibson's have better tone. YMMV.

I tried a Gibson '57 Classic+ in my Singlecut for about a year. It wasn't a good match :cry:

The Duncan JB just matches that guitar so well.

• Members

For me, the stock vintage bass/HFS in my CE and the stock bass/chainsaw in my custom 24 do everything I want/need in a pickup......I wouldn't change 'em for anything.

There comes a point when you just have to {censored}in' play your guitar instead of worrying that the pickups aint cutting it!:)

Archived